Happy Thanksgiving weekend :)
|Totally like the color of this pear cake!|
|Not as moist, but still good!|
Pear Upside-down Cake
- 9 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup + 3 tablespoons flour
- 3 tablespoons cornmeal
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 pears
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- Preheat oven 350F. Butter cake pan.
- Mix flour, cornmeal, salt and baking powder in a bowl
- Stir 1/4 cup sugar and 2 tablespoons of water in a cooking pan over low heat until sugar dissolves
- After sugar has dissolved remove pan from heat and add 1 tablespoon of butter. Wait for butter to melt and stir
- Pour sugared butter onto cake pan, place sliced pears in the cake pan.
- Mix 3/4 sugar, remaining butter, and vanilla in a bowl with your mixer until fluffy for 3 mins.
- Add 1 egg and half of flour mixture and mix. Add milk and mix. Add the other egg and remaining flour and mix.
- Pour or spoon batter onto the cake pan. Spread evenly with a spatula
- Bake for 40-45 mins.
- Let cool for 5 minutes and flip over at 5 minutes if you wait past that time your pears and cake will stick to the cake pan. Be careful flipping it will still be very HOT!