There's hardly anyone home so Christmas is tough since there's a lot of decorating and moving furniture around and stuff. But hopefully tomorrow I will have put up the tree. I'll tweet a couple of pictures of how things turn out! Anyone have a good fruit-cake recipe? I would greatly appreciate it if you'd let me know about it :)
I would also love it if you'd let me know about your blog or favorite blog I love discovering new baking blogs or food blogs! Check out my contact page on how to reach me or leave a comment :)
I baked these cookies with my niece Amy, she's 7 yrs. old and a proud helper and baker!! I really enjoy baking/cooking with someone it's my favorite part.
|Ah he's so big!!|
|Amy decorated all of them!|
|The dough smelled so ginger-y|
- 3 cups flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon ground ginger
- 1 3/4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup molasses
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 375F
2. In a small bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, ginger, cinnamon, and cloves until well blended.
3. In a large mixer bowl beat butter, brown sugar, and egg until well blended.
4. Add the molasses and vanilla. Continue to mix until well blended.
5. Gradually stir in dry ingredients until dough is smooth.
6. Place dough onto non-stick cookie sheet and mold to shape
7. Bake for 8-10 minutes
Happy holidays everybody!